qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] vqemu - a simple wrapper

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: [Qemu-devel] vqemu - a simple wrapper
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:32:22 -0400

vqemu is a simple shell script that allows you to use a configuration file
called .qemurc with qemu, instead of passing the same command-line paramaters
every time. vqemu looks for .qemurc in the current directory. This is
because I store the different hard disk images (and various other things) for
each OS in a separate directory, so this method makes it easy for me to specify
different configurations for each OS which I run. In any case this is easy
to change (for those of you who are not shell script programmers just change
the line ". .qemurc" to ". $HOME/.qemurc"). The next version of vqemu will
have some way of specifiying a way to use a different config file on the
command line.

Once you have set up .qemurc, you can just run vqemu to load up the emulated
system. You can pass the same paramaters to vqemu that you pass to qemu, so
if an option isn't supported in .qemurc you can just pass that directly
on the command line (for example "vqemu -S").

I attach both vqemu and qemurc.txt (it's a sample .qemurc file with comments
explaining each option).