qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Physical memory temp file.

From: Gianni Tedesco
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Physical memory temp file.
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:18:05 +0100

Hi,

In, vl.c at around line 2480, we see this comment:

    /* as we must map the same page at several addresses, we must use
       a fd */

and then go futzing around in /tmp

Seems to me like we could simply map /dev/zero with MAP_PRIVATE, that
way we:

 o Don't generate disk I/O's when using memory
 o Don't take up a node in temp
 o Don't take up diskspace on filesystems which can't create sparse
   files
 o Still allow mapping same page at several addresses

Would a patch to fix this be accepted? Or is my (very cursory) analysis
incorrect?

--
// Gianni Tedesco (gianni at scaramanga dot co dot uk)
lynx --source www.scaramanga.co.uk/scaramanga.asc | gpg --import