qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Fedora Core 2 very slow

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Fedora Core 2 very slow
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 13:18:22 +0200

> I tried it as well, and IMHO, to say that it is very slow is a very
> delicate understatement. I've tried giving it more RAM, but it is
> nonetheless unbelievably slow.

Dear friends,

For debugging purpose, I uploaded an 833 Mb image of Fedora Core-2 to:
http://www.poure.com/qemu/fedora-c2.img.tar.bz2

Installing a Fedora Core 2 distro can take up to 10 hours (also very
slow!).Downloading will save you a lot of time. After unpacking, you can boot
the image with the following parameters:

qemu -hda fedora-c2.img -boot c -m 128 -pci -cirrusvga -user-net

The upload is intended for people willing to understand the bugs #9373 and
#9374 entered on http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=qemu

Also I contacted Stefano to participate in the OS Zoo project. We are going to
work in team to provide ready-to-run images for a wide variety of OSes.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel Pouré