qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Win2k-SP3

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Win2k-SP3
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:46:05 +0400

G'day all,

The latest changes to QEMU-CVS have made the installation phase much quicker.
The hardware detection seems more reliable and moves through faster, but there is still the issue of the disk full messages.

Now I loopback mounted the entire NTFS filesystem and copied all 2.9GB of log files from the WINNT\security directory onto another drive for examination.
I now have 2751 log files to examine. edb.log -> edb00A05.log.
I tried copying some of them to a win2k box and loading them with event viewer
to no avail.
Using "less" I can see that the files contain some information but I can't seem to make any sense from it. I can see some form of filenames and paths, but nothing I can make sense of.

Strings is not helpful here apparently as the strings output on any of the
files is below :-

srv:/raid0/tmp/security# strings edb00A05.log
C:\WINNT\Security\
C:\WINNT\Security\
C:\WINNT\Security\Database\secedit.sdb
srv:/raid0/tmp/security#

Does anyone know what I can use to extract some information from these files?

Incidentally, the entire 2.9GB of log files compressed with gzip comes to 3.3MB.
I have put the whole shebang at http://www.wasp.net.au/~brad/win2k-logs.tgz if anyone is interested in having a look. I assume it simply stops writing to the logs when the disk reaches a certain state of fill as it appears to happen in a simplar fashion no matter what the drive size.

Regards,
Brad