qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about user mode emulation

From: Laurent DESNOGUES
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about user mode emulation
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:46:45 +0200

> What was the question?

Question about the implementation of sigprocmask syscall in
Qemu which made no sense (given that I thought Qemu was doing
some virtual address mapping).

> > If I understand correctly, user mode emulation relies completely
> > on the guest OS for memory allocation, and does not use any kind
> > of memory mapping.  Am I right?
> That is correct, as most emulated systems have to be at the mercy
> of hosting OS fro access to hardware resources.

This does not prevent from using target virtual addresses,
though it can be slow and a pain to implement...

> What is your project?

PS2 Linux user mode emulation to port new binutils/gcc/glibc
toolchain to PS2.

Laurent