qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] SuSE 9.1 guru needed

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: [Qemu-devel] SuSE 9.1 guru needed
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:26:24 +0200

Dear friends,

I am working on the OS Zoo project, trying to contribute several images of
popular GNU/Linux distros. At first, I am planning to release SuSE 9.1 and
Mandrake 10 and Fedora Core 2 systems.

Today, I installed a fresh SuSE 9.1 system, removed proprietary software
bundled with it (Opera, etc..) that probably require a distribution
agreement.

The resulting Qemu image is a custom SuSE 9.1 "base" offering only free
software.

My question is :

During initial bootup, I would like to display the main Yast configuration
dialogs, like during a normal installation:

- language selection
- screen resolution
- maybe upgrades
- root account
- etc...

After a quick search, I found the following information about AutoYast:
http://www.suse.de/~nashif/autoinstall. One way or another, configuration
during bootup seems to be possible.

If some of you is familiar with SuSE customization, do not hesitate to contact
me. Help needed...

Kindest regards,
Jean-Michel