qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] slirp, darwin problems

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] slirp, darwin problems
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:50:24 +0200

Dear Joshua,

These are known problems. See the following bug reports:

> From path: "cdrom", Waiting on <dict
> ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string
> ID="2">CD_ROM_Mode_1</string></dict> PCI Ver=0.00 BusCount=1 Features=[ ]

Using CVS head, Darwin 7.01 guest stopped slightly after that:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9428

> So I decided to see if Debian would work as a guest OS. I got to DHCP
> stage, and that worked: I was impressed. I could resolve hostnames
> correctly, and the gateway was set to 10.0.2.2. However, when I tried to
> retrieve anything, nothing worked...

user-net does not work under Debian guest (and many other GNU/Linux systems):
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9388

If you set up tun networking, it works like a charm.

I am not an expert, but you should be compiling Qemu from CVS head as it
includes several fixes and evolves very quickly with a bunch of pending
patches.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel