qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Visual Basic Application Not Working Under Qemu/Win98SE/Lin

From: Adam Rosi-Kessel
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Visual Basic Application Not Working Under Qemu/Win98SE/Linux
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:26:56 -0400

I've got a Visual Basic Application that gives an error ("invalid
property value") running under Windows 98SE under qemu under Debian
GNU/Linux sid, but the same application works fine with bochs (I'd much
prefer to use qemu for performance).

Just to make sure it wasn't something wrong with my installation disk
image from bochs, I did a whole new Windows 98SE installation with qemu,
which went fine.  I then installed the VB program and got the same error.

Is there any way I could troubleshoot this?  How could it be that Win98SE
installs fine but then a particular (simple) application won't work,
while it does work under other VMs?  The application doesn't use any
special devices (e.g., serial port)--it's just a quiz program.

Everything else appears to work normally in the qemu/Win98SE environment.

Are there any settings I could change to try to get this application to
work?

Thanks for any suggestions.
--
Adam Kessel