qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Bottleneck? Slow execution of Windows program on fast machi

From: Adam Kessel
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Bottleneck? Slow execution of Windows program on fast machine.
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:12:17 -0400

Under QEmu CVS I am able to run a particular Visual Basic application
under Win98 (although the SciTech display drivers appear to no longer
work so I'm stuck at 640x480).

The program runs incredibly slowly at certain instances, though--is
there anything that can be done about this?  Generally, the Windows
installation is quite fast--most programs seems to run as fast as they
did on any Windows box I ever had.  The host machine is a P4/2Ghz with
512M RAM (I'm giving QEmu 128M).

Is there anything I might try to speed up execution of this program?  It
pauses for as long as 10-15 seconds at once in response to user action,
without doing anything even remotely computationally intensive.  Is it
possible that this is related to a CVS issue?  (as I mentioned earlier,
I was unable to run this program on the 0.5.5 release).
--
Adam Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org