qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu - patch to check X authorization

From: Bob Barry
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu - patch to check X authorization
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 09:48:31 +0200

Jim -

On Saturday 26 June 2004 20:06, you wrote:
> That doesn't happen to me. When I try that, I get a few messages from Xlib
> saying that it can't open the X server and then a message from SDL saying that
> its quitting.

That is the way it should work.  Mine didn't.  The patch makes mine behave like
yours.

> I don't have the problem that you do.
Then your SDL must be different from mine.  Qemu should not lock any system, so
the patch is beneficial for systems like mine, and there are probably a lot of
them.
My SDL is libsdl-1.2.7 with a few Gentoo patches.  Even if the SDL source is
patched to act like yours (and it should be), there will still be a lot of qemu
users with
old SDL who should be accomodated.

> Your patch requires that the user must have X and assumes that SDL uses X/Xv.
If there are systems without X which can run qemu with SDL, then the patch code
should be excluded from them with "#ifdef".  Are there such systems?

Thanks,

Bob Barry