qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Utilities directory

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Utilities directory
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:24:06 -0400

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 03:19:52PM +0200, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Le samedi 26 Juin 2004 17:12, Hetz Ben Hamo a ?crit :
> > The first utility comes from James C Brown, which lets you mount a
> > partition from a virtual hard disk to a mount point (in Linux as a host).
>
> Dearn James,
>
> I am trying to mount the first partition as explained in lomount -h and my
> computer is stuck with 99% activity. Is this normal?
>
> Basically, I did:
> lomount -t ext3 -diskimage hda.img -partition 1 /mnt/qemu
>
> where /mnt/qemu is the mount point
> as root
>
> Cheers,
> Jean-Michel

I just checked
http://www.dad-answers.com/qemu/utilities/QEMU-HD-Mounter/qemu-hd-mounter.tar.gz
and it is a version that has the infinite looping bug (if it can't find the
partition in the disk image, it keeps searching forever).

Fixed version is attached here. It is not likely to work either, but it will
report an error instead of hanging forever.

To be sure what is going on, I'll need to see the output from this lomount
(be sure to compile with -DDEBUG) and from the command "fdisk -lu hda.img".
Knowing what version of fdisk you have (fdisk -v) is helpful as well.