qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Temporary page for the FreeOsZoo project

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Temporary page for the FreeOsZoo project
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:49:31 +0200

Dear Renzo,

> Wonderful.
> I would like to mirror the whole web site between University of
> Bologna and your site and any other who is really and sincerely interested
> in joining this project and give bandwidth for it. We have 100Mbps in
> > Bologna IPv4 + 155 Mbps IPv6 native.

This is marvelous bandwidth. The University of Bolognia ranks in the first
universities in the world, which will be of great help for Qemu reputation.

This is a great idea. Do you think you could buy the "freeoszoo.org" domain
name in the name of University of Bolognia and point it to the University
main site? Otherwise, I can buy the domain myself.

From a technical point of view, the main site at Bolognia University will need
a recent PHP version with Gettext support. In the next days, I plan to
migrate the web page to PHP, extract the text and ask the 38 translators of
pgAdmin III project (http://www.pgadmin.org) to join the translation effort.

Also, what about opening accounts on www.poure.com/qemu and providing you with
SSH / CVS access to share resources. I don't have time to do it today, but
will do it in the next days.

Also, Raphaël Enrici <address@hidden> from pgAdmin project would
like to the FreeOSZoo. We are used to working in team for pgAdmin and
PostgreSQL. Don't hesitate to CC him when you write me. We are both very
nices chaps...

Basically speaking, we like to organise in very small hacker teams, and will
probably focus (at first) on release images, installer and translations.

> Just a minor note on the text: it is gathering not only students at the
> University of Bologna but also me... I would like to be a students, (i'd
> be younger!) unfortunately I teach there.

No problem, I though you were a student, my fault!

I do not intend to take credit. What about this new version: "FreeOSZoo is a
project from Università di Bologna initiated by Renzo Davoli, companies and
individuals in order to foster Free Software". Take a look at the temporary
web page.

Also, we will need to modify the legal disclaimer called agreement.txt
available from the download section.

Does it suit you?

Kindest regards,
Jean-Michel Pouré

--
Tel +33(0)1 39 64 87 61
Fax +33(0)1 39 64 96 72

To contact me:
Mail address@hidden
H323 poure.com
ICQ 314352474
Jabber address@hidden
MSN address@hidden

GNUPG Key fingerprint = AD25 3E5A 0AED B4BE 730F  6BE7 7B1B 681C 78F6 6053
GNUPG Key = http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x78F66053