qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Temporary page for the FreeOsZoo project

From: Renzo Davoli
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Temporary page for the FreeOsZoo project
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:40:34 +0200

I am sorry for the late answer.
I am in Leeds (UK) for a conference, so I am reading my mail less
frequently than ususal.
> This is marvelous bandwidth. The University of Bolognia ranks in the first
> universities in the world, which will be of great help for Qemu reputation.
UNiversity of Bologna is quite large (more than 100,000 students) and
our CS Department is quite active (we manage one of the node of the national
experimantal IPv6 backbone )

> This is a great idea. Do you think you could buy the "freeoszoo.org" domain
> name in the name of University of Bolognia and point it to the University
> main site? Otherwise, I can buy the domain myself.

It is a good idea, I'll do that as soon as I return home.
> From a technical point of view, the main site at Bolognia University will
> need
> a recent PHP version with Gettext support. In the next days, I plan to
> migrate the web page to PHP, extract the text and ask the 38 translators of
> pgAdmin III project (http://www.pgadmin.org) to join the translation effort.
For sure it is a good idea. I'll ask Stefano who is in charge of
organization of OSZoo in Bologna.

> Also, what about opening accounts on www.poure.com/qemu and providing you
> with
> SSH / CVS access to share resources. I don't have time to do it today, but
> will do it in the next days.
Wonderful.

> Also, Rapha?l Enrici <address@hidden> from pgAdmin project would
> like to the FreeOSZoo. We are used to working in team for pgAdmin and
> PostgreSQL. Don't hesitate to CC him when you write me. We are both very
> nices chaps...
This is an Open Source Open Project. It is free software and people is
free to join provided the interest about the goal.

> Basically speaking, we like to organise in very small hacker teams, and will
> probably focus (at first) on release images, installer and translations.
>
> > Just a minor note on the text: it is gathering not only students at the
> > University of Bologna but also me... I would like to be a students, (i'd
> > be younger!) unfortunately I teach there.
>
> No problem, I though you were a student, my fault!
No fault at all. Interested students and professsors belong to the same
category of studiants so can be seen in the same way on the net.
I am honored for this misunderstanding!

> I do not intend to take credit. What about this new version: "FreeOSZoo is a
> project from Universit? di Bologna initiated by Renzo Davoli, companies and
> individuals in order to foster Free Software". Take a look at the temporary
> web page.
>
> Also, we will need to modify the legal disclaimer called agreement.txt
> available from the download section.
I feel it is a standard reasonable disclaimer.
Given that all the mirror site will give software to the end user I feel
that should be co-signed by all the mirrors' owners.

> Does it suit you?
I think it is okay.

> Kindest regards,
It is a pleasure to cooperate with you.