qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU pcnet 6/28 patch against 6/30 CVS - not working?

From: Antony T Curtis
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU pcnet 6/28 patch against 6/30 CVS - not working?
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 11:25:03 +0100

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 20:54, David Black wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I applied your AMD pcnet NIC patch dated 6/28, to the QEMU CVS snapshot
> from dad-answers.com dated 6/30.
>
> The patch seems to apply well, with some manual patching needed on vl.c
> and Makefile.target, but nothing that looked problematic.

The patch attached should apply more cleanly against current CVS.

I will try to see if it works any differently with running Linux. I
assume you are using the pcnet32 driver, not the lance driver. Looking
at the Linux driver source, it is able to use the DWORD I/O mode ... The
FreeBSD, WinXP and OS/2 drivers appear to use the WORD I/O mode. It is
possible that there is a bug in the simulation - particularly where the
Linux driver probes the card in both modes. I will have to test it out.

--
Antony T Curtis <address@hidden>