qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] re: native gfx card support

From: Fred Hope
Subject: [Qemu-devel] re: native gfx card support
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 22:56:57 -0700 (PDT)

 >> Have you tried the cirrus emulation ? <<

If you mean running qemu with the -cirrusvga flag, then yes.  I don't
know much about what cirrusvga is, or how it improves qemu's graphics
support, I just read some how-to's for qemu and it said to use that
flag, so I did.

Basically the main thing I know about gfx support is that it should be
way faster to support native cards (I've got a GeForce 4 MX 64MB DDR in
my 1 Ghz iMac, for instance) instead of emulating a card.  That's why I
was curious if qemu will do this, as VPC7 will supposedly do.  I'm not
trying to rush the qemu devs or anything, I have no idea how long things
like that would take to implement.

Fred Hope