qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] FreeOSZoo submission guideline update proposal

From: Raphaël Enrici
Subject: [Qemu-devel] FreeOSZoo submission guideline update proposal
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 19:38:35 +0200

Dear friends,

as discussed with Jean-Michel today, I'd like to suggest an update to the submission guideline for FreeOSZoo hdimages.
It's based on what I intend to do for the Debian Sarge image I'm preparing.
- for OS not configurable in an automatic way, an account should be declared (why not freezoo or something like that) and logged in automatically at boot time in a graphical session.
- To become root should be as simple as sudo su - with or without password.
- I've also added a splashscreen to GRUB based on the actual FreeOSZoo logo (see http://freeoszoo.org/~blacknoz/screenshots/sarge-screenshot.png)... If someone feels like doing better (it shoudl not be too hard ;p) he is welcome to submit a 640x480 image indexed with only 14 colors (Alt-I under gimp).

In clear, I just inspired myself from what's done into knoppix live CDs (thank you, knoppix :).

As usual, any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Raphaël
http://freeoszoo.org/~blacknoz