qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sound and MinGW problems on Windows host

From: Jernej Simonèiè
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sound and MinGW problems on Windows host
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 21:50:17 +0200

On 7. julij 2004, 21:08:42, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

> 3. As Natalia Portillo noticed in different thread, compiling CVS
> under MinGW creates the binary, but it's only runnable under MinGW
> itself, directly under windows command prompt it exits immediatelly.
> There'd be no problem, but within MinGW the sound doesn't work at all.

I successfully compiled CVS under msys/MinGW and ran it outside it, however
before compiling I edited CONFIG_QEMU_SHAREDIR in config-host.h to "."
(otherwise it's set to $prefix, which is by default "/c/Program
Files/Qemu"). If you remove -mwindows from CFLAGS and run qemu from command
line, you can usually see why it immediately exits (though the very latest
CVS doesn't seem to output anything anymore)

--
< Jernej Simoncic ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >
< for personal mail, replace guest.arnes.si with isg.si >

A smoker is always attracted to the non-smoking section.
       -- Dhawan's Third Law for the Non-Smoker