qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 3COM NIC (ISA PnP) and ISA PnP support

From: Derek Fawcus
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 3COM NIC (ISA PnP) and ISA PnP support
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:58:32 +0100

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 12:59:20AM +0100, Antony T Curtis wrote:
> I think the next thing I will put together is a 3Com 3C905C PCI NIC...
> because it is supported by Darwin x86...

Mind the 3com NICs look complex,  given the number of options...

A good choice (If you feel like writing NIC emulations :-) would
be one of the DEC Tulip family (since they seem simpler than the
3com,  and have better mcast support than the AMD),  e.g. say
the 21140A.

I believe the datasheets for these are also on the mentioned web site...

DF