qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] single stepping with ppc-target

From: Michael Westermann
Subject: [Qemu-devel] single stepping with ppc-target
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:47:55 +0200

Hello,

I've the folling problem:

I will extract an compressed ipl-loader from a ppc-mca box' firmware . I work
on a linux-port for a dual-ppc box with mca.

I have:
     - read the firmware flash-eprom (and disassemle this file).
     - load this file at phys_ram_base+0,
     - set all gpr-register to required values,
     - gpr1 as stack to phys_ram_base+0x400000.  (fix in ppc_prep.ci ;-))
     - assemble a branch to the decomress routine at phys_ram_base+0
     - start quemu with -S
     - start gdbserver
     - compile a gdb for ppc-linux target
     - connect this gdb to the quemu

I want to trace my ppc-routine with gdb step by step (with si)
or set a breakpoint with b *address, but qemu will run it without
honoring breakpoints or single step.

Is there a way to trace my ppc routine step by step, or set a breakpoint?

Michael