qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] no-sdl-grab patch

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: [Qemu-devel] no-sdl-grab patch
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:59:08 -0400

This patch adds a command line option, "-no-sdl-grab". If you use this option
then qemu won't grab the mouse but instead will have the guest mouse "follow"
the host mouse pointer. Ctrl-Shift still works, it toggles following in the
same way it toggles grabbing. Press Ctrl-Shift once will have the guest mouse
start following the host mouse, press it again and the guest mouse will stop.
(This can be used to keep the two pointers in sync with each other.)

I find this a convient feature because in no-sdl-grab mode I can switch from
one window to the next in the usual way, instead of having to manually release
the mouse in a qemu session before switching windows. (This is a matter of
personal preference but I find that needing to press Ctrl-Shift can really
interrupt my flow of thought.)

I'm looking into adding this into the monitor, so you can toggle this in a
running qemu session.