qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Cross Debugger - Can Qemu Do it ?

From: karthik bala guru
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Cross Debugger - Can Qemu Do it ?
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 03:30:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

i would like to know if QEMU provides
the necessary support to see the output of
the arm cross compiled program from
within the x86 machine ?

Here, I am into making alterations in some programs
and porting it in zaurus.
I cross compile the programs(arm-linux-gcc) in the
i386 and port into the zaurus and check my wonderful
program's beautiful output.

Now i beleive, that a debugger would be fine.
But, i use arm-linux-gcc for the compilation of the
applications in the host(i386) system
and so, i am unable to run the normal debugger -
running a normal GDB to trace
a gcc-arm-linux program causes program and it
terminates.

i would like to know if QEMU provides
the necessary support to see the output of
the arm cross compiled program from
within the x86 machine ?

Is remote debugging the only final solution ?

Regards,
karthik bala guru