qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] network fails on windows

From: Julian Seward
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] network fails on windows
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:21:44 +0100

I agree, there is something funny to do with networking with
WinXP/Win2K guests.  I use user-mode networking with the
current cvs head.  Sometimes XP is able to make a connection
to the outside world; yet if I just leave the guest machine
idle and try an hour later then it can't; try again 5 minutes
later and it's OK again.  It's very frustrating.  I have no idea
what's happening.  Also, even when it can communicate with
other machines on my local network, it's really slow.

Wierd thing is, running Red Hat 7.3 as a guest, with user-mode
networking, the guest's connections to the outside world are
both reliable and fast.  Which corresponds with Matthias' observation.

Any ideas?  Has anyone else got any related observations?