qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows ME on PPC (G5) success, no sound?

From: jaspal . kallar . gen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows ME on PPC (G5) success, no sound?
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:27:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Frederic Bezies wrote:

> Le 07/17/2004 05:20 PM,  address@hidden a écrit :
>
> > Just wanted to say that I installed Windows ME (guest) from the install
> > disc on my powermac G5 dual 1.8 (host).
> >
> > I could surf the net and install programs. However, I don't get any sound
> > card even with the enable-audio option in QEMU. Anyway know how if this is
> > possible or a bug ?
>
> Sorry, but RTFM ;p
>
> Here is what says man qemu about sound :
>
> "-enable-audio
>             The SB16 emulation is disabled by default as it may give
> problems with Windows. You can enable it manually with this option."

I did first read the RTFM, that's what I meant with

"I don't get any sound card even with the enable-audio option in QEMU".

This is what I did:

  qemu -boot c -m 64 -user-net -enable-audio -localtime windows_ME.img

and window ME boots OK but no sound when checking in control panel and
when playing audio.

I then remembered to run some sort of "find new machine" wizard and the
sound card was found (my fault since I harldy ever use windows -- I should
have known).