qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows ME on PPC (G5) success, Speed?

From: jaspal . kallar
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows ME on PPC (G5) success, Speed?
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:22:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 address@hidden wrote:

> How is the performance on the G5?

Hello all again,

I must CLARIFY that my success was on Linux (gentoo 2.6.7 kernel)
actually and not OS X. I'm really sorry having ommitted this important
fact!

The performance ... well it is slow if I am honest. You can
play actually, for example, play real player 10 live streaming audio with
aomw crackling and sometimes the oss crashes and cause qemu to die
(therefore sound is off by default according to qemu doc ;-)
Streaming audio is out of the question but I imagine that would be the
same on a real windows using Pentium Pro. That's the reason I tried qemu
in the first place. All in all I'm very impressed ... kudos to the
developers.