qemu-devel

Re: Fat16 vs fat32 (was Re: [Qemu-devel] Installing a guest WXP on a Mac

From: Laurent Amon
Subject: Re: Fat16 vs fat32 (was Re: [Qemu-devel] Installing a guest WXP on a MacOS X host)
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:37:19 +0200

On 19 juil. 04, at 23:23, Joe Menola wrote:
Interesting to note that preformance took a serious nose dive, xp ran about
50% faster on my fat16 fs????
I was actually hoping for an increase, think I'll revert back to fat16 and
deal with those problems.

Now that's interesting. I have a W95 at hand and I am currently trying to install a W98 EOM image. Both are on FAT32, but my previous version of W95 (on FAT16) felt faster, maybe because of this? I'll try to run some benchmarks.