qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Installing a guest WXP on a MacOS X host

From: Laurent Amon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Installing a guest WXP on a MacOS X host
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:58:52 +0200

On 20 juil. 04, at 00:45, Alexandre Tolmos wrote:
I tried "-cdrom /dev/disk1" with a FreeDOS image mounted on "C:" and the "dir" command fails on the "D:" unit (ISO9660 CD in the drive). The "dir" command also fails on "D:" when I mount an image with "-hdb <image>". The only way I can mount an image on "D:" is to use "-cdrom <image>".

Well, a CDROM image has a different file system from a hd image, so I am not surprised that -hdb and -cdrom are not interchangeable. And I am not sure that, right now, qemu is able to read physical devices instead of images. Actually maybe you should try to use Disk Utility to first unmount the device (while leaving it in the drive) and then try to access it. I don't think you can do it while OS X has it mounted.