qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU on Alpha

From: Alex Melnikov
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU on Alpha
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:39:58 +0400 (MSD)

Hello!

What are the status of the Alpha host port?

I tryed 0.6.0 (i386-user and i386-softmmu targets), here is results:

i386-user:

Will not compile at default, because of redefinition problem in dyngen-exec.h
(as
mentioned by Falk Hueffner in http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2004-
02/msg00080.html).

After commenting it (define uint64) - the i386-user target compiled ok (but
with tons
of warnings), but not works ok. I got gnemul libs and wine from main qemu site,
but
somehow wine can't run wineserver itself (all path, LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
wine-setup.sh and
so on - OK), need to run "wineserver -p" separately, but even after that, wine
not run
ok (it gives Unaligned access into /var/log/messages), and dont get any result
when
runned with "wine <any win32 binary>" (no error, just nothnig, and process
qemu-i386
wine just utilises about 0% of cpu), moreover "wine --help" gives error,
but "wineserver --help" works normal (shows it help into stdout).

I tryed to run rar_static (x86 linux binary) - with this compiled qemu-i386, it
only
shows rar_help in stdout, but when i tryed to unpack rar archive with it - it
gives
error something like "can't seek in file test.rar".

i386-softmmu:

Seems broken? (no cpu_get_ticks form alpha, "unsupported cpu error" in vl.c)

Does anybody tryed current QEMU on Alpha Linux? Is the support of Alpha host is
broken?

PS I use RedHat 7.2 with updated binutils-2.15.90 and gcc-3.3.4.