qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: winblows 2k on OSX?

From: René Korthaus
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: winblows 2k on OSX?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:44:09 +0200

Am 22.07.2004 um 21:13 schrieb André Braga:

I tried running a CD straight from the block device node and it failed
*every time*, irregardless of the permissions or the user I tried
running QEMU from. So I'd say you can't do it, as simple as that (but
I haven't tried booting straight as the root user on OS X; that might
work but I seriously doubt it). Images always work, though.

Someone just said some days ago, that you have to unmount the disk first, so i tried but it failed. Now i tried sudo umount /dev/disk1s1s2 and it worked. It still appears in the finder window, but clicking on it exits in an error (original not found...). Now starting Qemu with -cdrom /dev/disk1 lets the cdrom drive start running (can hear it), it lasts 3/4 seconds and qemu starts. boot failure 0003. But i guess thats because i still havent found bootable disk. Please try yourself and tell me.

Thanks.

André