qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU floppy problems

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU floppy problems
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:27:01 -0700

Johannes Martin <address@hidden> writes:

> The difference: booting probably goes through int13 on all systems, i.e.
> through the bios, but once OS/2 and Win98 later access floppies by
> programm the fdc directly. So maybe there's a bug in that part of the
> emulation.

That was my conclusion too when I tried to look into this.  When
NT 3.51 boots, it reads the kernel via the BIOS, but then it
fails just after it starts the kernel and resets the floppy
controller.  (It goes by quickly, but you can tell the ordering
by adding debug code to the VGA controller that outputs
characters to stdout/stderr as they're written to VGA memory and
then looking at how this output is interspersed with other debug
output.)
--
On Perl: "It's as if H.P. Lovecraft, returned from the dead and speaking by
seance to Larry Wall, designed a language both elegant and terrifying for his