qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Hi I'm New Os X user

From: nathanthestout
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Hi I'm New Os X user
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:33:25 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Michael, and everyone else on the qemu-devel
email list,

the results in the terminal were thus:
Last login: Fri Jul 23 08:13:20 on ttyp1
Welcome to Darwin!
[Apple-V:~] nathan% disktool -l
***Disk Appeared ('disk3',Mountpoint =
'/Volumes/LOM_SE', fsType = 'cd9660', volName =
'LOM_SE')
***Disk Appeared ('disk2',Mountpoint = '/Volumes/The
Frozen Throne', fsType = 'hfs', volName = 'The Frozen
Throne')
***Disk Appeared ('disk1',Mountpoint = '', fsType =
'', volName = '')
***Disk Appeared ('disk1s1',Mountpoint = '', fsType =
'', volName = '')
***Disk Appeared ('disk1s2',Mountpoint =
'/Volumes/Unreal Tournament 2004 for MacOS X', fsType
= 'hfs', volName = 'Unreal Tournament 2004 for MacOS
X')
***Disk Appeared ('disk0',Mountpoint = '', fsType =
'', volName = '')
***Disk Appeared ('disk0s1',Mountpoint = '', fsType =
'', volName = '')
***Disk Appeared ('disk0s3',Mountpoint = '/', fsType =
'hfs', volName = 'Hard Thought')
[Apple-V:~] nathan%

Dosn't that mean that the mount point is
"/Volumes/CDname" in Os X? Maybe it wont work because
I have disk images as well as the real cd-rom mounted
(that's what the first two "CD's" are).

 Any help would be great.

--- Michael Torrie <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 00:25,
> address@hidden wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> >  I downloaded the qemu installer for Os X via the
> > darwine
> >
> > homepage and thought i'd let you know how it went.
> >

> >  My system is a Powermac G5 dual 2ghz w/4.5gb ram,
> > Radeon
> >
> > 9600 64mb. I have used bochs previously and have
> > installed
> >
> > windows 98 onto a disk image. Setting this as hda
> it
> > started right
> >
> > up, but the cdrom and audio will not work. cdrom
> is
> > set to "/
> >
> > Volumes/whatevercdisinthedrive" and I have
>
> This is th problem.  qemu needs access to the raw
> device.  To find out
> what this is, run the commandline disktool utility
> with the -l switch to
> list out which devices are mounted where.  Then use
> /dev/disk# as the
> cdrom device (replacing the # with whatever number
> disktool reported).
>
> Michael
>

> > -audio-enabled.
> >
> > Windows will detect them both but the cdrom is
> > detected as a
> >
> > single track audio cd (every time) and the audio
> has a
> > "code 24:
> >
> > the device either is not preasant or does not have
> all
> > its drivers
> >
> > installed" error when accesed through device
> manager.
> >

> >   I am now downloading the newer binary from
> freeoszoo
> > to see if
> >
> > .6 is any better than .55 and will report the
> results.
> > If anyone has
> >
> > an idea on how I can fix either problem it would
> be
> > greatly
> >
> > appreaciated.
> >

> >            Thanks a bunch,
> >

> >                    Nathan the Stout

> --
> Michael Torrie <address@hidden>

Once again Thanks a Bunch,

                   Nathan the Stout

ps.  I installed the 0.60 version from freeoszoo and
it works <i>exactly </i>like the unnoficial releace
from the Darwine homepage.