qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-fast kernel patch question

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-fast kernel patch question
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 14:01:09 +0700

Hello

> Yup, thanks - I don't need to patch my host kernel to run qemu-fast then.
> Should qemu-fast with with Win98 then ?

Do you mean:
1. applying qemu-fast patch to Win98 guest? --> Not a chance :-)
2. running qemu-fast on top of Win98 host? Well, I haven't tried it
personally. But, if you can run qemu-fast on Win98 host, I doubt if qemu-fast
can do direct MMU access. The reason is: to do direct MMU access, the
developers need to know to request that into host kernel. On Linux or other
open source kernel, we can find it out, but on closed kernel, this would be
difficult.....

The conclusion: just run the usual "qemu" on top of Win98 host

regards

Mulyadi