qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu via vnc [2. try]

From: ich hier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu via vnc [2. try]
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 18:20:39 +0200

Hi !

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:52:57 +0200
Jernej Simon__i__ <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Monday, July 19, 2004, 15:48:39, address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Has anybody on this list ever used qemue via vnc? I'd like to know, if its
> > possible and what i
> > have to do ...
>
> I've run Qemu via VNC without problems (TightVNC 1.3dev4, Qemu pre-0.6.0
> CVS, libsdl 1.2.5). Didn't do anything special, just ran it.

i just tried this setup (not exact versions though) and qemu works! :) at least
it does not
complain abount "could not initialize sdl". It opens its window and starts
booting from "disk" :)
BUT ... :)
keyboard is screwed up ... There was a thread here on qemu-devel from "Joe
Batt" who had the
same problem. According to Fabrice thats a problem with Applications using raw
scancodes, which
do not get through vnc, as i understand.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2004-04/msg00290.html
But i could not find any way around this Problem. Neither did i find any switch
to vnc(server|client)
to pass raw scancodes through nor where there any switches for qemu
(i386-softmmu).
I also searched google and the mailinglists for qemu and tightvnc ...

my setup is as follows:
qemu-0.6.0
tightvnc-1.3dev5_unixsrc & tightvnc-1.2.9_unixsrc
libsdl-1.2.5
installation based on redhat-9

Can someone on this liste give me a hint on what to try ? :)

user05