qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] TUN network

From: Joe Menola
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] TUN network
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:25:01 -0500

I setup tun0 with 2 scripts in /etc.

/etc/q-ifup

#!/bin/sh
sudo /sbin/ifconfig $1 192.168.1.1
sudo /etc/qemu-iptables

/etc/qemu-iptables

#!/bin/sh
/etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables stop
echo "1" >&/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
/etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables start

You cannot set ip_forward with iptables running, hence the stop/start thing.
You must also setup /etc/sudoers file, so that both scripts can run as root.
This is a bit complex...see http://www.aplawrence.com/Basics/sudo.html for
info on how to set this up.

-jm