qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] IPTABLES howto?

From: Thomas Munn
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] IPTABLES howto?
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:22:23 -0400

I should add that I meant a GUEST os!

>>>address@hidden 07/28 10:13 am >>>

I posted once before, so I will try again.  My thought is that it is
simply impossible to iptables a host operating system with qemu.
Iptables rules on input,output chains of both natted, and non-natted ips
don't seem to block any packets.  I tried all possible combinations.
Hopefully someone is smarter than me and can post a suggestion, if such
a thing is even possible.

THomas

Thomas  Munn CISSP
Security Analyst