qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU crashes host system

From: Grigori Goronzy
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU crashes host system
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 00:13:30 +0200

Hi,

on two of my boxes qemu reliably crashes the whole host system. It seems
to be independent of the used OS, it happens in FreeBSD 4.10 and 5.2.1
as well as in Linux. Either this appears as a hard crash or the kernel
panics.

Both machines are quite different from each other; the first has an AMD
Duron, the other is an older Pentium3-based machine. The only similarity
between them is that they both use a Via chipset and have an NVidia
graphics card.  I don't think the hardware is at failure--both machines
work stably for everything I use them for, one of them even runs 24/7
without problems.  Still, I wanted to be sure and checked the RAM and
CPU using memtest86 and mprime. Even after long runtime, these tools did
not report any problems.

So, what could it be? This is really driving me mad. I'm not really
asking for a "solution" as I already have given up on this, but merely
for people who have experienced similar problems.

greg

--
"XML is a giant step in no direction at all."
        Erik Naggum, comp.lang.lisp