qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Hi ... & my first problems

From: Torsten E.
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Hi ... & my first problems
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 12:51:24 +0200

Good morning! :)

By pure chance I found this project, and was very interested.
So I downloaded some files yesterday, and wanted to give it a try today.

I'm running an Asus A7V8X Board, with an AMD 2200+ processor using W2k
SP4, and so I downloaded QemuInstall-0.6.0.exe plus some images.
After installing qemu, and unpacking those images as descibed on the
website, I wanted to start reactos - so I opened an command line, went
to qemu's directory, and typed-in:
qemu reactos-0.2.3.img
... it seems an window opend for a short part of a second, that's all.
Trying other images (freedos, netbsd, openbsd) gave the same result -
even with modified start parameters ...

Later on I upgraded to another qemu version (QemuInstall-20040730.exe &
QemuInstall-20040801.exe), but the results are the same: no image can be
started ...

Is there something wrong I'm doing?

Thanks in advance!

c y