qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Best way to get 6GB = 3 x 2GB + soft raid?

From: Ronald
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Best way to get 6GB = 3 x 2GB + soft raid?
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:43:42 +0200

Le Sun, 01 Aug 2004 12:17:22 -0400, Garth Dahlstrom a écrit :

> I'm thinking of trying to roll an image of the OE development toolchain
> (for Zaurus), to do so I'll need to create a linux system with
> approximately 6GB of space...
>
> Reading through the readme that comes with QEMU for Windows 0.60, it
> suggests that an image can be a max of 2GB...
>
> Assuming this limitation is valid, I'm guessing my best bet is to soft
> raid0?/jbod?/lvm? of 3 x 2GB image files together for hda, hdb & hdc ...
>
> I'm looking for feed back and suggestions on whether: I'm crazy/there is
> an easier way/a better overall approach...
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Garth

This is the mkqemuimage utility that is limited to 2G image creation.
The next limitation could be your file system if you are using fat
with an old windows that is 4G, don't know about ntfs.
Hope this help in some way.
Oh! and what about the file name QemuMenu.bat (8+3) for your previously
posted batch file.