qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Network problems - any news?

From: Antony T Curtis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Network problems - any news?
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 06:17:26 +0100

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 22:55, Johannes Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a few weeks ago, some people reported on their network connection being
> flaky in a Win98 guest. I experience similar problems with a OS/2 guest.
> Most of the time, it won't even receive a DHCP response.
>
> Has anybody been able to track down the source of these problems yet? Are
> they independent of the emulated NIC, or may I have better results using
> one of the alternative NIC emulators?

I have only had 100% success with my AMD PCNet NIC emulation when using
OS/2 guest. It was what partly what prompted me to write that emulation.

(since then, my OS/2 hd image was damaged by a bad block, I'll have to
reinstall)

--
Antony T Curtis, BSc.                   UNIX, Linux, *BSD, Networking
address@hidden            C++, J2EE, Perl, MySQL, Apache