qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Keyboard patch for windows

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Keyboard patch for windows
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 23:00:01 +0200

I agree that native GUIs are better than an SDL one. If such patches are submitted (for Win32, Carbon or GTK), I will integrate them provided they are simple enough.

Fabrice.

Jim C. Brown wrote:
While SDL works for qemu, I think we really need native support for different
OSes. Keep SDL around as a way to port qemu easily to new OSes of course, but
as development matures we should appoint maintainers for the OS-specific
drivers.

Touchpad emulation is not possible via SDL. I'm looking into using the X11
replacement (this will take a while as I have never done Xlib programming before
:) SDL may end up holding qemu back ... at the very least, use a custom version
of SDL that supports what we need (e.g. the custom SDL version should have
patches so the e0 is preserved when returning keypresses).