qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Performances on Mac OS X

From: André Braga
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Performances on Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 18:37:24 -0300

What if QEMU uses smarter FP code (for a given architecture) when
emulating the CPU itself? Like always using SSE2, since they have
their own registers, instead of going to the stack of the 387 unit?
Ain't that smarter?

About VESA: one can never have too many compiler optimizations :D
Faster is always good in emulation, and if you can have gains by just
switching compilers, why not use this?

I promise I'll look into the VESA code some time. I'm in love with
QEMU, you know ;D

--
"Logic: merely enables one to be wrong with authority"
Doctor Who