qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Bug in emulation of 'bound' x86 instruction?

From: Frode Vatvedt Fjeld
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Bug in emulation of 'bound' x86 instruction?
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 00:10:34 +0200

Frode Vatvedt Fjeld <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm suspecting that there's a bug in Qemu's emulation of the x86
> 'bound' instruction. The effect of this bug seems to be to add 1 to
> the ESP register, which of course havocs everything. [..]

Well, the response to this report has been nothing, but I'd really
like to see it fixed so that I'll be able to use qemu, which otherwise
seems to be really great. Also, it seems to me that if my report is
correct then this bug is quite serious, and can affect a lot of
software in unpredictable ways. I don't think I'll be able to submit a
patch for it myself, but if I can somehow assist someone "in the know"
with anything, please let me know.

Regards,
--
Frode Vatvedt Fjeld