qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Networking on Win2K host

From: Renzo Davoli
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Networking on Win2K host
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:48:26 +0200

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 12:20:29PM -0500, Mike Tremoulet wrote:
> Unfortunately, resolution doesn't appear to be working now that I'm on
> my work network and not at home.  Again, I don't know how to tell
> which of three interfaces is used by slirp as the outbound side to the
> world.

Mike,

the slirp tecnique works at user level, thus qemu+slirp acts as it were
a standard application.
All the TCP connections initiated from inside the guest os appear as
TCP connections created by the application qemu itself.

Thus the interface used by slirp is the same used by your browser and
by all the other applications on the host os.

(bind uses IP_ADDR_ANY)

ciao
        renzo