qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Andrew Curtis' PCNet Patch built on MingW

From: Antony T Curtis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Andrew Curtis' PCNet Patch built on MingW
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:32:44 +0100

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 05:03, Garth Dahlstrom wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It took me some time, but I was finally able to compile Andrew Curtis
> PCNet patch against QEMU 0.6.0 on MingW...
>
> The good news is it almost works... that is to say it compiles and
> detects under a guest linux when using the -nic-pcnet commandline
> parameter for qemu.
>
> The bad news is it's broken, it does not actually dhcp down the
> 10.0.2.15 address and produces 'Bad SWSTYLE=0x04' on the console.

There is no such SWSTYLE as 0x04 on the PC-Net chip I emulated. You
should be able to safely ignore this message.

> I suspect my brutal handling of the PACKED attribute in pcnet.h is the
> cause of this problem, but am unsure.  I should proably warn you all
> that, I'm not a C programmer and haven't coded it for about 7 years,
> so it's rather a hack job that it compiles... :)

maybe the PACKED name conflicts with some existing symbol if you are
having to undef it... Can you find what the original definition of it
is? And perhaps I should call it PCN_PACKED maybe...

--
Antony T Curtis, BSc.                   UNIX, Linux, *BSD, Networking
address@hidden            C++, J2EE, Perl, MySQL, Apache