qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Antony Curtis' PCNet Patch built on MingW

From: Garth Dahlstrom
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Antony Curtis' PCNet Patch built on MingW
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:31:39 -0400

Antony T Curtis wrote:

> At the start of pci_pcnet_init(), can you enable the printf() statement
> which reports the size of the pcnet_RMD and pcnet_TMD structures?
>
> They should both be 16 bytes.

Yup, I did that and the and got the following:
sizeof(RMD)=16, sizeof(TMD)=16
QEMU 0.6.0 monitor - type 'help' for more information
(qemu) Bad SWSTYLE=0x04

so what I did to PACKED is okay....

for a sec, I thought perhaps dhcp wasn't implemented, so I I issued:
ifconfig eth0 up 10.0.2.15 gw 10.0.2.2
qemu crashes instantly when I do this with no error message, nothing
in the system event logs either...

Would it be helpful if I made a diff against the PCNet patch posted on
www.dad-answers.com, so you could see all the alterations I made?

-G

--
Northern.CA ===--