qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [Darwine] QEMU+WINE

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Darwine] QEMU+WINE
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:03:26 +0200

Hi,

I think it is more interesting to do a 'darwin-i386-user' version of QEMU. Emulating Linux on Darwin adds an extra layer of complexity which is of no use for Wine as there is already a Darwin port of Wine.

Fabrice.

Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:
Did you get any feedback from Fabrice about the (linux-)i386-user Mac OS X Port? I remember him to be not so encouraging with this Port. For my part I think it should be possible to have something working a lot better, but I am not sure about the real difficulties. And a darwin-i386-user would be probably easy to create.

Fabrice could you give us a hint about what you think?

Pierre.

PS: I am CC-ing this thread to the qemu-devel and to Fabrice.