qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] chroot to ARM Gentoo install.

From: James Pellow
Subject: [Qemu-devel] chroot to ARM Gentoo install.
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:38:32 -0700

Hi All,

Thanks for a truely awesome tool!  I have some custom ARM hardware that I have
ported the linux kernel to, and for fun I want to install Gentoo on it.
Since gentoo requires a fair piece of compiling (gasp...) and since my board
only runs at 74MHz, I thought I would try chroot'ing into ARM gentoo using
qemu on my Athlon system.  (Yes, I have tried distcc...  Its still slow.)  I
have been able to set up binfmt_misc and a statically compiled qemu-arm to
chroot into an arm busybox install (uClibc), but for some reason I get the
following error when I try to chroot into a gentoo root (full glibc):

cherypit / # chroot ./gentoo /bin/bash
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 150: elf_get_dynamic_info:
Assertion `info[20]->d_un.d_val == 17 || info[20]->d_un.d_val == 7' failed!

The gentoo install is mature enough to boot normally, and all works fine on
real hardware, so I am thinking this may be a qemu problem.

So, about my host system:

Athlon 1.4GHz, 768M ram.

$ cat /proc/version:
Linux version 2.6.7 (address@hidden) (gcc version 3.3.3 20040412 (Gentoo Linux
3.3.3-r6, ssp-3.3.2-2, pie-8.7.6)) #2 Wed Jul 21 16:01:54 PDT 2004

libc-2.3.3

qemu-arm version 0.6.0 (statically linked to the above libc and compiled with
gcc 3.3.3)
(Compiled lib search path to '/' IIRC)

Any ideas?  Thanks for your time.

Regards,