qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] newbie trying to connect linux host -> windows guest filesy

From: David Hoare
Subject: [Qemu-devel] newbie trying to connect linux host -> windows guest filesystem
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:49:24 -0400

Hi all!
Congratulations on such a cool piece of software. I am new to the linux world, and currently investigating both VMware and alternatives to keep some of my unique windows apps alive...

Currently qemu is running fine under Linux (suse 9.1) with a windows 98 guest image. The guest system (98) can access the internet fine, as can the host system. I would like to be able to access one system's files from the other (either direction would work...). I understand from the few threads I could find that it has something to do with samba and a network connection, and to that end I have the samba server running on the linux host's side, but don't know where to go from here...?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thankyou,
David Hoare
address@hidden