qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu development schedule?

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu development schedule?
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:27:06 +0200

Hi,

To answer the subject of the post, there is no real developement schedule for QEMU as I develop it for fun during my free time. As for several other of my projects there is also no guaranty that it will ever reach version 1.00 and that I won't "switch" to another project soon. In the latter case, a new maintainer will be needed.

My current priorities for QEMU are speed and emulation correctness for both x86 and PowerPC host and guests. About the GUI, as I said earlier, I would be delighted if someone submitted a GTK and/or a win32 GUI directly integrated in QEMU - I tend to dislike the 'frontend' approach. I won't work on the GUI in the forseeable future.

Note also that I don't use Windows nor Mac OS X, so I cannot maintain nor test these ports, but I recognize there are very important so I try to merge the porting patches when I consider they are clean enough.

Fabrice.