qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU on SPARC host - Summary and suggested vl.c PATCH

From: Gwenole Beauchesne
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU on SPARC host - Summary and suggested vl.c PATCH
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 07:45:25 +0200

Hi,

As I reported recently, I got qemu0.6.0 compiled both under Linux (Suse7.3, Debian3.0 r2) and Solaris10 both running on HyperSPARC and UltraSPARC_IIi.
Unfortunately the emulation engine libqemu.a doesn't appear to work.

Not sure if that helps but something worth knowing about is you need a kernel recent enough or specific Dave S. Miller patch to get accurate address in si_addr member of siginfo_t. Otherwise, the reported address is truncated to page boundaries IIRC. Or, you would need to decode the instruction and possibly traverse the register windows.

Bye,
Gwenolé.