qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] About TCC

From: Leonardo Marques de Souza
Subject: [Qemu-devel] About TCC
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:44:12 -0300

Hi,

 what about tcc?

 I think, is not possible to mix tcc and qemu to generate a very
good, optimized and especific to i386->i386 (guest->host) ?
Gcc do a good code, of course. But it's possible to use(create?,recreate?) a another compiler to do a very especific optimizations?
(i touch in tcc becouse its a old project from Fabrice)
I know, exists a lot of library, codes for 3dnow, sse, mmx and Gcc do this parts very well and very portable (well, portable only, aways exists byteorder and memory alocation problems) , but i think its possible to do a micro C compiler (or better, adapt tcc) to optimize qemu.
  Or what i talking about is lossing time?